Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hacker Culture Blog Windows Vista Gadget

New BSDPunk Windows Vista Gadget. To install it unzip that file into a directory called dj.gadget in:
%userprofile%\appdata\local\microsoft\windows sidebar\gadgets
So basically when you are done the three files are in:
%userprofile%\appdata\local\microsoft\windows sidebar\gadgets\dj.gadget
Then just go to your windows sidebar and hit the plus button and it should be in the list.

Wait a minute...What the fuck does it do? So you guys can take it apart and look at it but basically it's just a link and then some ajax bullshit that goes to my page so I can say if I am djing or not...ok so why not just call it the BSDPunk DJ gadget? Well because of ajax magic I can really put any sort of web information into the gadget, like updates about blog posts or just like a one way twitter or something, or I could but like vb shit in there and give you guys weird different kinds of functionality every week! So what's it do, I don't know. Just install it if you use gadgets and we can figure out together. Oh hey and if you want to create your own gadgets check here:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/topics/vista/gadgets-pt1.mspx

And I was having trouble with my xml file because of encoding or something so if you make one and you go to add it to your sidebar and it isn't showing up in your sidebar, download the sample one from here:
http://www.danielmoth.com/Blog/2006/10/vista-sample-sidebar-gadget.html
And just edit it.


PS I made another Ann Arbor Post on wereboobs.

No comments: