Thursday, February 12, 2009

Re: Sucky Boss, the times they are a-changin'

I was browsing my twitter and clicked on this post called My Boss is an #%*&#@&$*@!! on TheAntiPimp.com. The post discusses, how having information or pictures that incriminate you into drinking or revealing criminal doings, or bad mouthing your boss on social networking sites, will affect your ability to get hired. I agree that it will, and probably has done so to me in the past. Which might account for the kind of places that I have worked at. However, while companies do this now, I believe that in the future information on people, and the ability to find it will be exponentially easier. And one option is to be squeaky clean to get hired anywhere...but this is unlikely. I think it's more likely, that as younger people begin to take management positions, that there is an awareness that your personal and business life are separate. I bitch about geeky culture being stolen, but one byproduct of that, is people seem to be genuinely getting smarter. I drink a lot, so I could just be getting dumber.

No comments: