Saturday, January 23, 2016

Everything I learned about linux in the last 24 hours 1453521379



rmdr is a reminder app for the terminal...I love shit for the terminal. I don't like that the first two letters of the command are rm, I feel like there is a terrible tab completion accident that is coming in my future.

I read this. This is kind of a super fucked up article, it lists the top 10, hosts, that have defaced sites, and the top web servers. AThis is kind of a super fucked up article, it lists the top 10, hosts, that have defaced sites, and the top 10 services though those things have some responsibility in the sites being defaced. Apache has the most, well no shit it's the most popular web server. IIS has the least, probably because it's one of the least popular ones. And the hosts don't have any responsibility the customers do. Most defacements are at a software level, people running outdated apps like wordpress or drupal, not keeping up with there updates. To be honest though the hosts on there look mostly like the ones people complain about.


Apparently you can spy on children due to the poor security of the internet of things.



Rsync can be run as a daemon on port 873 for unauthenticated file transfers. Which I feel like a dumb ass for not knowing.


I wrote a post on my other blog, outsider math, about how my mom can beat your mom, at scrabble using math. I used this one liner to sort my word counts for the individual letter word files:

wc -l *words | sort -hrk1 | grep -v -P '(awords|ewords|iwords|uwords|owords)'

No comments: