Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Everything I learned about Linux in the Last 24 hours 1453914384

Unix stickers has a referal program so instead of just trying to hawk amazon goods I can try to sell you something you want, so if you want a five dollar cred and to help the old punk out just head over to unixstickers through this link.

On a more serious note, a lot of us were wondering what the hell happend to Ian Murdock, half of the Debian , After his twitter posts, that were removed after his death. It seems his accusations of police brutality were just forgetten. I'm not going to rehash all of that, because someone else has written a post that is more articulate than I can be but clearly voicing the same concerns I had, here.

I asked a friend about whether anyone on his team cared about systemd, and he said no which prompted this exchange:



Yeah that's right the guy with a cheery reboot PID, told me passion was dead.

Ok so the one liner of the day, is combined with a stack overflow answer I had to read to solve the problem... SERIOUSLY, READ THIS STACK OVERFLOW answer, it's fucking crazy.

When someone tells you your solution is '/'' to a single quite you're like, no that's not right, whatever. But yeah that was the answer.

Here's the alias I was putting in my .bashrc, with output:

alias power='upower -i /org/freedesktop/UPower/devices/battery_BAT0 | grep "percentage" | sed "s/ //gi" | awk -F ":" '\''{print $2}'\''

[dusty@localhost ~]$ power
98%


No comments: