Friday, February 19, 2016

Everything I learned about linux and other shit, in the last two weeks.

I've moved for a job, three times in my life. The most recently being two weeks ago. Loneliness is a huge issue. I'm the worst kind of introvert. The one     that needs attention now and again. Besides developing the worst OKCupid strategey ever, I have done very little to combat this. To quote Charle's Bukowski,  "You get so alone at times that it just makes sense".

I know I haven't posted a lot in the last two weeks, I'm still settling in.  I updated linosh. I'm going to use it to make an auto-scaling tool for Linode.

I'm almost done with a let's get weird post, and I might post my terrible OKCupid strategy.


Some one liners for you, I've used at home and during work in the past two weeks:

Total Ram:
free -m | grep "Mem:" | grep -o -P "Mem:\s+\d+" | grep -o -P "\d+"
OR
cat /proc/meminfo | grep MemTotal | awk '{print $2}'

Available Ram:
free -m | grep "buffers/" | awk -F"[:space:]+" '{print $5}' | grep -o -P "\d+$"
OR
cat /proc/meminfo | grep MemAvailable | awk '{print $2}'

Kill steam mac:

kill -9 $(ps aux |grep team |awk '{print $2}')

Check for github on /r/linuxadmin/new

clear;while true; do curl https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxadmin/new/ |perl -ne'print"$1\n\n"if/(github)/'; sleep 180; done;

No comments: