Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Computer

Yesterday I turned on my new laptop as I have every day for the past week. And I connected to the wireless at work, which is draft n and pretty sweet. I had to type in the WPA key as I had not connected to this particular network. I adjusted my torrent download and upload limits through the GUI, then I decided that I was going to get all the perl modules my work computer had on my laptop. So I opened a terminal window and typed: sudo cpan, typed in my password and started pulling the packages down. After that I exited out of cpan and through a perl script I had made for irssi. I decided I needed to update my resume, something I do everytime I get a new job, because I don't want to freak out if I don't survive the probation period. So I opened up word and made the new entry in my resume. Oh shi--- What the fuck you can't run Word in *nix. Maybe through wine (you are googling aren't you)? Or in a VM. Nope I got a mac. And hopefully this post broke some ideas you had about them. Through and through the kernal of a mac is darwin which sure enough is a BSD. Sorry if you don't think so, but it's true. So :p

No comments: