Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Everything I learned about linux in the last 24 hours 1453852288

Mostly I just learned how to paste into urxvt. Which sounds like nothing, and I guess it is but I like how much I can customize it, so suck it. I put this into my .Xresources file:


URxvt.perl-ext-common: default,clipboard
URxvt.iso14755: False
URxvt.keysym.Shift-Control-C: perl:clipboard:copy
URxvt.keysym.Shift-Control-V: perl:clipboard:paste
URxvt.clipboard.copycmd:  xsel -ib
URxvt.clipboard.pastecmd: xsel -ob



And I added this script, to my .urxvt/ext/ folder as the global folder didn't work, which means somethings still funky because as far as I know both my users still have the same script, and one can't copy, so I'll probably work that out tomorrow.

As for the one liner of the day:

Some days when you can't work the configs out you just want to command line it to know that your doing something right, so for a gray background /true transparency urxvt window just:

urxct -depth 32 -bg rgba:3f00/3f00/3f00/dddd


I know today was oddly specific but, it's because I didn't have a lot of linux time today. I took an offer with a company today and spent a bit of it filling out paper work. So that's good.

No comments: